Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Entry 1 - Introduction to the Ride

If I do this right, this blog will live for just over a week.  I hope that it will cover the 444 miles that three friends and I are riding on the Natchez Trace Parkway, from Sunday October 2 to Friday October 7, 2016.  

I was inspired to organize the trip when I read this beautiful description of the ride by journalist Andrea Sachs in the Washington Post.  Her writing stirred something in my belly and I have been anticipating the trip ever since.

When we had a group of 4 riders, Randy Fought’s excellent NatchezTraceTravel.com website made the actual planning pretty easy.  Randy is – like most of the people I have talked with as part of this process – exceedingly polite and welcoming and genuinely interested in sharing this part of the country with others.  I am grateful for the resource that he has created.

I have never done a single ride over 65 miles, much less 6 days of 74 miles each.  So maybe when each day is through I will choose beers and Advil and bed over travel blogging.  But let’s find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment